Twelve of industry’s top leaders to be honored during October 27 ceremony
KANSAS CITY, June 5, 2012—The Board of Trustees has announced that 12 new Members have been elected to the MEAT INDUSTRY HALL OF FAME. The Class of 2012 was chosen from a list of more than 60 nominees in voting last month by the Trustees and living Members of the Hall. The nominees included industry executives, scientists, innovators and association leaders from all sectors of the livestock, meatpacking and poultry processing industries.
“This year’s class is one of our strongest and includes some of the industry’s true pioneers,” said Chuck Jolley, President and Founder of the MEAT INDUSTRY HALL OF FAME. “Our Trustees and Members have chosen an elite group of leaders who have not only achieved remarkable business success but have spent their careers contributing to their communities and the progress of the entire industry. We are delighted to be able to honor this group, who truly represent the best of the best, both in business and in life.”
The Induction Ceremony for the new MEAT INDUSTRY HALL OF FAME Members will take place on October 27 at the J.W. Marriott Hill Country near San Antonio, TX. The dinner and presentation ceremony will be held in conjunction with the North American Meat Association (NAMA) Outlook Conference, one of the first events of the recent consolidation of the North American Meat Processors Association and the National Meat Association. The Conference is a continuation of an annual NAMP event.
The Hall of Fame is delighted to accept a gracious invitation from NAMA, one of the largest meat industry trade associations in the world, to honor the Class of 2012 as part of the traditional evening dinner and dance that closes their annual Outlook Conference.
Presenting the MEAT INDUSTRY HALL OF FAME Class of 2012:
- Bill Fielding, Executive positions with Cargill, Inc.; ConAgra Fresh Meat; Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, LLC and Meyer Natural Foods
- Ellard Pfaelzer, Sr, Pfaelzer Bros., and Ellard “Butch” Pfaelzer, Jr., The Bruss Co.
- Fred Usinger, President, Usinger’s Famous Sausage
- Dave Theno, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Jack in the Box and CEO, Gray Dog Partners, Inc.
- Dave Wood, CEO, Harris Ranch
- Jim Hodges, Executive Vice President, American Meat Institute; President, American Meat Institute Foundation
- Mohammad Koohmarie, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Meat Division, IEH Laboratories and Consulting Group
- Steve Krut, CEO (Retired), American Association of Meat Processors
- Alfred “Al” Kober, Retail Director, Certified Angus Beef, LLC, Meat Director, Clemens Supermarkets
- Bobby Hatoff, Chairman, Allen Brothers
- Herb Lotman, Founder, Keystone Foods
- Marvin J. Walter, Carriage House Meat & Provision Company; Ames Processed Foods Company, Inc.; Webster City Custom Meats, Inc. and W & G Marketing Company, Inc.